Your children will experience learning activities with a daily schedule and routine that teaches them consistency and security. We use center based instruction which offers the opportunity for age appropriate learning in inviting centers that are arranged and furnished to enhance each child’s play and learning experience. The centers in each classroom provide development in language arts, arithmetic, science, social studies, health, music and visual arts. The center also has a library and a quiet corners to encourage a habit for individual reading.
Greater Grace Learning Center teachers use the BJU Press Christian Preschool Curriculum, with the following philosophy:
All BJU Press materials are thoroughly Bible-based with a strong Christian worldview.
- Age appropriate
- The materials present age-appropriate concepts and skills.
- A variety of activities help promote readiness.
- Developmentally appropriate
- The instruction and activities are based on research showing that children develop at different rates spiritually, physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially.
- The materials provide many natural, age-appropriate opportunities at a wide variety of levels.
- The program allows the teacher to identify and address each child’s individual needs.
- A large selection of hands-on, experience-based activities promote development and learning.
- Children observe, explore, and learn while participating in fun, age-appropriate activities
- Children discover and experience. Discovery learning is vital to developing children’s problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Numerous opportunities are provided to involve the children in conversation and language.
- The teacher is encouraged to engage the children mentally and verbally through higher-level questioning.
Exciting: The children will have fun and look forward to coming to school each day!